Work of Heart
The Work of Heart Award Program is an example of a special program created in partnership with The Catholic Foundation by a donor who wanted to achieve a particular charitable purpose. Anonymously established by a family dedicated to Catholic education, the Work of Heart Award Program used the resources, expertise and creativity of The Catholic Foundation to create a designated fund to recognize the teachers, administrators and staff of Catholic lower, middle, and high schools in the Diocese of Dallas.
Work of Heart Winners
The Catholic Foundation has renewed the Work of Heart program for the 2014-2015 school year. The award, now funded by a grant from The Catholic Foundation, was originally created in 2005 by a generous anonymous Dallas family. Now in its tenth year, the Work of Heart program has made over 900 awards to deserving Catholic educators, administrators, and employees.
Each month up to ten $500 awards are given out. Work of Heart is looking for “the unsung heroes” who are going the “extra mile” in serving our educational community and its members. The Catholic Foundation encourages participation from all parts of our Catholic community.
The details of the award are:
1) All nominations should be submitted with the nomination form, either online or you may print the form PDF below. Printed nomination forms should be addressed to “Work of Heart” and sent to The Catholic Foundation, 5310 Harvest Hill, Suite 248, Dallas, Texas, 75230; or you can fax to 972-661-0140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Nominations can be submitted on an on-going basis; all nominations will be retained for consideration throughout the 2014-2015 school year.
3) All required fields of the nomination form must be filled out.
4) Nominations can be submitted by teachers, administrators, staff, chancery employees, students, parents, families, and anyone interested in Catholic education and the well-being of our schools.
5) Candidates must be a full-time employee of a Catholic school in the Dioceses of Dallas and may not be nominated by relatives.
6) The criteria for the award include:
- Outstanding service at your school
- Modeling a Christian/Catholic example
- Going the extra mile for an individual student, family or the community
An individual will not receive more than one Work of Heart Award in a three-year period. Past honorees are eligible again after three years.