Grant Application Form
In an effort to reduce an excess of printed copies of grant submissions and as part of The Catholic Foundation's sustainability practice, all grant applications can now be submitted here online.
We ask that you complete the grant application form available for download above and submit a saved copy via the upload section below. Additional supporting documents outlined in the application checklist can be uploaded below as well.
Application Information for Grants from The Catholic Foundation Unrestricted Philanthropy Fund
The Catholic Foundation aims for accessibility, objectivity, fairness and professionalism in all of its dealings
with its constituents. Under the terms of its charter, the Catholic Foundation can distribute grants only to
qualified public entities or 501(c)(3) charities within the boundaries of the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.
An organization receiving a grant may not submit another grant request until 3 grant cycles have passed since
approval of their last grant request. Churches and Schools will be treated as separate organizations.
Organizations with an open grant may not apply until the grant has been completed, fully funded and the
Final Report submitted to the Foundation. Grant requests up to $100,000 will be considered.
Grants are made in three areas: Educational, Charitable and Religious. Foundation grants are to provide
funding assistance in the Diocese of Dallas only. The goal is that each organization in the Diocese benefit
from a Catholic Foundation grant from time to time.
The Foundation looks for one or more of the following conditions in a proposal:
- Project should be one of the top three strategic needs of your organization
- Foundation support would be vital to a proposed project's success
- A collaborative network exists that multiplies the impact of the grant
- The proposed project is likely to continue and expand after the grant period/becoming self supporting
- The proposal is innovative and efficient in its use of funds
- Expenses are reduced by sharing resources with other agencies or groups
- The project is a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services
- The project promotes better human relationships and a sense of community
- The project helps fulfill the mission of your organization
- The project will be funded within one year of the grant (unless Grant Contract specifies otherwise)
Grants are not made to or for purposes of:
- Annual fund-raising events or drives
- Debt reduction
- Professional conferences, symposia or attendance at seminars or meetings
- Organizations not supported or endorsed by the Catholic Church or not serving an identifiable Catholic population
- Endowments, Individuals, or Political Organizations
- Operating costs, unless related to a new initiative or program
- Tuition Assistance (generally made only from Restricted Funds, if available)
Applications are processed two times a year, but may be submitted at any time. Deadlines for grant applications in 2019 are: January 17th and August 15th. Applications received after these dates will be considered in the next cycle. Applications must be completed in accordance with the attached form. Applications may be submitted electronically, but all of the requested data must be included with the submission. Please email to email@example.com.
Organizations not specifically recognized as Catholic must attach written support from an active religious in the Dallas Diocese.