The Catholic Foundation Art Competition
When you’re in downtown Dallas, go see the 2022 winner of The Catholic Foundation Art On The Plaza competition, “Wings of Joy,” on display through mid-October in the Dallas Arts District.
Win a $5,000 grand prize and see your art displayed on this 9×28-foot wall in the Catholic Foundation Plaza in the Dallas Arts District for a year.
- No photography or computer generated art will be accepted.
- There is no entry fee.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, September 8 2023.
- Click below for the 2023 art competition submission guidelines.
You may drop off your art at The Catholic Foundation office Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 12222 Merit Drive, Suite 850, Dallas, TX 75251. (Located inside Merit Tower next to Medical City Dallas)
About the Art On The Plaza Competition
Robert Opel is our 2022 Art On The Plaza winner. His submitted artwork titled “Wings Of Joy” is just that. When you see the giant monarch butterfly, stand in front of it and spread your own wings and share your photo on your favorite social platform using the hashtag #ArtOnThePlaza.
The winning art is on display in the Dallas Arts District at The Catholic Foundation Plaza on the corner of Flora and Crockett Streets directly across from the Meyerson Symphony Center.
Come visit The Catholic Foundation’s 50th Year Anniversary gift to the people of Dallas, and see a new piece of art installed each fall in this unique urban oasis.
The Catholic Foundation Plaza is a unique 3,900 square foot public space located on the north side of the Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, 2216 Flora St., Dallas, Texas. The Plaza is located at the corner of Flora and Crockett Streets, directly across from the Meyerson Symphony Hall. The Plaza is in a highly visible location to visitors to The Dallas Arts District and is also one of the sites on the “Public Art Walk Dallas.”
Previous Winners of The Catholic Foundation Art Competition:
- 2022-23: “Wings of Joy,” Robert Opel
- 2021-22: “Be Happy,” Heajung Jina Lee
- 2020-21: “Continuo,” Robyn Jorde
- 2019-20: “Saint Peter’s Fish,” Kimberley Peterson
- 2018-19: “Windows to the City,” Emily Holman Morris
- 2017-18: “Tree of Life,” Adriana Rivera
- 2016-17: “Trinity River Origami,” Tanya Joiner Slate
- 2015-16: “Paint the Town,” Stuart Hausmann
- 2014-15: “The Dallas Arts District Word Search,” Barbara Dybala
- 2013-14: “Homage to the Concertgebouw,” James W. Keyes
- 2012-13: “When the Troops Come Marching Home to the City of Dallas, What a Day of Celebration That Will Be!” Cornelious Brackens Jr.
- 2011-12: “Dallas in Wonderland,” Rebecca Guy
- 2010-11: “Downtown Playground,” J. Lynn Kelly
- 2009-10: “Music on Parade,” David Zvanut
- 2008-09: “Magic Carpet,” Pamela Nelson
- 2007-08: “Trumpeting Angel,” Ann Cushing Gantz
- 2006-07: “Celebrate Life, Celebrate Art,” Marty Ray